Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Masking function to Concatenate the Masked_First_Name and Masked_Last_Name

Posted 06-09-2021 01:22:00 AM
    Hi Team,

We have applied to mask on the first name and last name, there is one more Column i.e. Full Name.
    We want to concatenate the masked Value of First_Name and Last_name for this column. Request you to please suggest how to achieve this. Thanks,

------------------------------
    NITIN DIXIT
    Senior Tdm Admin, Data Privacy Solution Architect
    Delphix Community Members

• 2.  RE: Masking function to Concatenate the Masked_First_Name and Masked_Last_Name

Posted 06-09-2021 01:29:00 AM
    I am trying to achieve this using the PostScript functionality. Just to include a Simple update script as below:

Update <table> set FULL_NAME = FIRST_NAME ||','|| LAST _NAME;

Please suggest if this will work or not? Or please suggest to me any other way do this. Thanks,

NITIN DIXIT
    Senior Tdm Admin, Data Privacy Solution Architect
    Delphix Community Members

• 3.  RE: Masking function to Concatenate the Masked_First_Name and Masked_Last_Name

Posted 06-09-2021 09:52:00 AM
    Edited by Sandro Latini 06-09-2021 09:56:17 AM

Hi Nitin,

If you are able to upgrade to Maskin version 6.0.8.1 (latest), you can take advantage of our new Name and Full name framework which will allow you to achieve your goal without using a postscript.

More information are available in our documentation here: 
    https://maskingdocs.delphix.com/Securing_Sensitive_Data/Algorithms/Algorithm_Frameworks/Full_Name/

Regards
    Sandro

Sandro Latini
    Principal Support engineer
    Delphix