Delphix Toolkits (dxToolkit and dxmToolkit)

View Only
  • 1.  Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-

Posted 08-30-2019 07:01:00 AM
    Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-

I am getting below error when I trigger any dxtoolkit command on one particular engine. However, the same works fine with other Engine of same version (5.3.4)
    Can someone look into this on priority and help to fix this.

$ ./dx_get_appliance
    Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-6f7261636c65/cache-dce9b43d13f96655a11129b8b7169b9273bb3d5f/inc/lib/OracleVDB_obj.pm line 446.
    Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-6f7261636c65/cache-dce9b43d13f96655a11129b8b7169b9273bb3d5f/inc/lib/OracleVDB_obj.pm line 446.

------------------------------
    Sushil Krishn
    Systems Analyst
    Unisys

• 2.  RE: Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-

Posted 08-30-2019 10:02:00 AM
    Hi Sushil,

COuld you please run dx_get_appliance with -debug 3 options and then zip a debug_<enginename> directory created and send here ?
    Which version of dxtoolkit are you using ? 

regards,
    Marcin

fMarcin Przepiorowski
    Technical Principal
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-

Posted 08-30-2019 11:34:00 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Marcin,

I have generated and attached debug file for your review. Please review and update your findings.
    Dxtoolkit version 2.4.0

Thanks,
    Sushil

Sushil Krishn
    Oracle DBA
    Unisys

Attachment(s)

zip
    debug_cdxprd807.zip   71 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-

Posted 09-02-2019 03:29:00 AM
    Hello,

Thanks for debug files. I have identified a bug and it will be fixed in the next release 2.4.1 which is target for a next week.
    Is that OK for you ?

regards,
    Marcin

fMarcin Przepiorowski
    Technical Principal
    Delphix

• 5.  RE: Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-

Posted 09-02-2019 05:38:00 AM
    Hi Marcin,

I am wondering that why I am seeing this behavior only on one particular Engine. We have multiple engines with same version and dxtoolkit is working fine without this issue against other engine, only one Engine cxprd807 is reporting this error.
    Also, just wanted to let you know this error is reported for all dxtoolkit commands, not only for dx_get_appliance on this engine.

We have some major upgrade activity testing going on and I would appreciate if this can be expedited.

Thanks,
    Sushil

Sushil Krishn
    Oracle DBA
    Unisys

• 6.  RE: Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-

Posted 09-02-2019 07:06:00 AM
    Hi,

This error is related to a disabled database from 29 Aug 2019. There was a missing logic to one check 
    and instead of NA value, source config was returning an empty dictionary object which was generating an error.

It will work fine with engines without disabled objects.

regards,
    Marcin

fMarcin Przepiorowski
    Technical Principal
    Delphix

• 7.  RE: Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-

Posted 09-02-2019 07:47:00 AM
    Thanks Marcin to explain the details of this issue. 
    I would wait for the dxtoolkit release 2.4.1, which you mentioned should be available after a week.
    Please update when its ready.

Thanks,
    Sushil

Sushil Krishn
    Oracle DBA
    Unisys

• 8.  RE: Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-
    Best Answer

Posted 09-12-2019 07:33:00 AM
    Hi,

New dxtoolkit 2.4.1 was released today.
    Please check if this resolved your issues.

regards,
    Marcin

fMarcin Przepiorowski
    Technical Principal
    Delphix

• 9.  RE: Error while running any dxtoolkit command - Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /tmp/par-

Posted 09-17-2019 02:10:00 PM
    Hello Marcin,

I have downloaded the new version and tested, it works really well.
    The issue which I reported has been fixed and I don't see that error now.
    I really appreciate for the quick help and to provide this fix.

Thank you,
    Sushil

Sushil Krishn
    Oracle DBA
    Unisys