Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Oracle support on windows

Posted 11-27-2019 03:09:00 AM
    Edited by Mouhssine Saidi 12-02-2019 09:41:02 AM
    Hi,

I do have one of big retailers customer that uses only windows as OS for supporting all his oracle databases (~450).

Did delphix look into adding support for oracle on windows ?

BR,

Mouhssine

------------------------------
    Mouhssine SAIDI
    Community Member
    Delphix Community Members

• 2.  RE: Oracle support on windows
    Best Answer

Posted 12-01-2019 07:51:00 AM
    We have definitely heard about demand for Oracle on Windows and there have been discussions about building that extension to the Delphix platform.  However, I'm not aware of any support at this time.  I'm not sure if you've discussed this yet with your regional Delphix contacts, but this use case is an example of why we have our Vitualization SDK and extensibility platform.  Here are a couple links for reference and again happy to connect you to a Delphix contact to discuss further if desired.

https://developer.delphix.com
    https://www.delphix.com/dataops-marketplace

Todd Blatti
    Director, Presales Engineering
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: Oracle support on windows

Posted 12-03-2019 04:12:00 AM
    Hi Todd,

Thanks for your feedback.

I was mainly talking about integrated one compared to Linux method, the reason is the use of the oracle lib uncompressing database blocks inside the appliance filesystem.

Relying on the SDK or plugging will not benefit of that, as it will not use the oracle lib and just do a simple backup/restore/recovery of the oracle database holding those backupsets inside the appliance instead of uncompressing there content to take advantage of the ZFS filesystem features.

Regards,

Mouhssine

Mouhssine SAIDI
    Community Member
    Delphix Community Members