API problem with Auto VDB Restart option

  • 0
  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Hi, 

I am provisioning a VDB trough API and even if I set  "allowAutoVDBRestartOnHostReboot": true, after the provisionig in the VDB's Configuration tab I get "Auto VDB Restart: No". 
I tried it using CLI and it works that way, but it does not work if I make the API call using other tools. I also tried updating the proprety after the provisionig with the following API: 

=== POST /resources/json/delphix/source/ORACLE_VIRTUAL_SOURCE-86 ===
{
    "type": "OracleVirtualSource",
    "allowAutoVDBRestartOnHostReboot": true
}

but it's also not working. 

Can anybody help me with this? 
Thank you, 
Mary
Photo of Mary

Mary

  • 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

  • 0
  • 1
Photo of Mary

Mary

  • 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi, 

Is anyone having the same problem? 

Thank you, 
Mary
Photo of Stuart Williams

Stuart Williams, Employee

  • 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello Mary

The API call you've described is the correct one to make this change, it looks like you got that from enabling tracing in the CLI?

Here's an example of using curl to set the parameter

curl -s -X POST -k --data @- delphixengine:/resources/json/delphix/source/ORACLE_VIRTUAL_SOURCE-86 \

-b ~/cookies.txt -H "Content-Type: application/json" <<EOF

{

    "type": "OracleVirtualSource",

    "allowAutoVDBRestartOnHostReboot": true

}

EOF

You will need to have already created a session and set the API version to a recent version (as this parameter is recent). The documentation includes the a table with versions at the following url

https://docs.delphix.com/docs/reference/web-service-api-guide/api-version-information

and then also have logged in to authenticate the session. If the API version is set too low the "Update Source" action will appear to have completed successfully but will not have changed this parameter.

Hope that helps

Regards

Stuart





Photo of Mary

Mary

  • 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello Stuart, 

It was an API version problem indeed. I was using an older API version.

Thanks a lot, 
 
Mary