dsource and vdb gets unlinked everytime my target and source environment are aborted in virtualbox

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved

in virtual box I have created source and target environment(centos 7)...virtualbox after  8-10hours if system is running also its get aborted...the dsource and vdbs created gets unlinked and throws errors..how I can slove this problem

Photo of prakash

prakash

• 1,010 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Adam Bowen

Adam Bowen, Official Rep

• 17,884 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Unfortunately, this is just something going on with VirtualBox or your Computer. I have found Virtualbox to be unreliable, at best. My advice would be to just shutdown your VM's, and reboot your laptop every couple of hours to avoid this issue.
Photo of prakash

prakash

if we use VMware instead of virtualbox..can this issue be solved...?
Photo of Adam Bowen

Adam Bowen, Official Rep

I do not encounter the issues you describe and I sometimes leave my VMware Landshark VM's running for days. That being said, I have never encountered the issues you describe in my VirtualBox environment, but I also hardly ever use it (only for testing new builds). You could have a PC issue or something else. You might try the VMware 30 day free trial to be sure that resolves your issue, before purchasing a license. 
Photo of prakash

prakash

I have used VMware for delphix engine..it will be up and running every time..no issue with VMware..but I have used virtualbox for source and target environments..i have that issue with virtualbox
Photo of prakash

prakash

while shutting the down the VM's..we need to disable the dsource and VDB's in delphix...?
Photo of Adam Bowen

Adam Bowen, Official Rep

I always recommend that, yes.
Photo of prakash

prakash

thank you