Inventory shows no columns

  • 0
  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Solved
i made a connection and ruleset (selected one table), the table is listed in Inventory, but i cant se the columns, therefore i cant set the masking, any ideas?
have tried reboot, and diff browsers (and clear chache)
Photo of Torben Hansen

Torben Hansen

  • 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

  • 0
  • 1
Photo of Gianpiero Piccolo

Gianpiero Piccolo

  • 1,538 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Torben, please try to refresh the ruleset with the relative button in the ruleset list page. If the problem still occurs, try to create a new ruleset with fewer tables. Probably there is some exceptions in the background process: try to download the dmsuite. log from admin section in order to find some errors. Last try to contact support.

Best Regards
Gianpiero Piccolo
Photo of Torben Hansen

Torben Hansen

  • 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have tried to refresh the rule, and tries to create a new ruleset.
My ruleset contains ONE table :-)
i will look into the Log
Photo of Gianpiero Piccolo

Gianpiero Piccolo

  • 1,538 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
What is the db? Oracle? Does the user you put into the connector configuration have the right permissions on the db dictionaries?
Regards
Photo of Torben Hansen

Torben Hansen

  • 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
MSSQL, and the user is SysAdmin (just to be sure).
In rule set, when i click on "Custom SQL", it find and includes all column, so the masking engine can see them
Photo of Hims

Hims, Employee

  • 2,306 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Torben,
Please click on "All Fields" button on inventory, that should refresh from source. This could be due to permissions or more likely a browser cache issue as you can list the column names in custom SQL. Please try in Chrome/Mozilla incognito mode.

Hims
Photo of Torben Hansen

Torben Hansen

  • 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
deleted my ruleset, connector and environment and created them again, it works now :-)

Thanks for you input.

By the way, it could'nt be a browser thing (i think), even using REST from powershell, i could'nt see the columns, but again it work now.