Delphix Products

• 1.  ora-00845

Posted 11-01-2014 04:51:00 AM
    When creating VDB, got an ORA-00845 error.
    ORA-00845 : Memory_target not supported on these system.
    Workaround was removing this parameter during VDB creation.
    Whats's cause of this error? 

• 2.  RE: ora-00845

Posted 11-01-2014 05:27:00 AM
    I had a similar problem but changed the value (downwards) in the "advanced" section when provisioning the VDB (Centos 6.5 OS).  I suppose that I could have made the change in the OS bur I was just testing functionality. Just FYI, I did not have this problem with Fedora.

• 3.  RE: ora-00845

Posted 11-01-2014 11:33:00 AM
    the cause of the error is that there is not enough free memory on the target to support the setting on the database (which it got from the source). This can happen for a number of reasons, like running multiple vdb's on the same host. The way to get around this is as John points out. But you would have to think this is a common problem. Production database may have a setting of 64GB, but yoyr dev machine only has 8GB. In that advanced section delete (or change) the parameter and then save it as a template (perhaps named "dev template") along with any other parameters you want to change like processes. Then the next time you provision a vdb, you can just choose that template and apply the settings to your vdb. Hope this helps.