The purpose of profiling data is to determine what data you want to mask by updating an inventory of your data with sensitive data elements identified. You can then review and edit that inventory.
- Create a profiling job as described in "Creating a New Profiling Job."
- Run the profiling job you just created.
When you run this profiling job, it updates/populates an Inventory.
- To view the inventory, click the Inventory tab while in an Environment Overview.
- Examine the inventory to ensure that the profiling job has included everything you want to mask. (For example, if you selected a First Name field, you probably want the Last Name field as well.)
You can see which columns were selected for masking by selecting the associated rule set.
Make sure you have included all sensitive data elements (for example, personal identifying information) from the table that you want to mask.
- Modify the inventory, if necessary.
Be the first to post a reply!