Uninstalling DelphixConnector

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
While uninstalling DelphixConnector I get this error message ' Error 1001. An exception occurred while uninstalling.This exception........-->The specified service does not exist as an installed service'. Any idea how to solve this problem.
Photo of vineet khanna

vineet khanna

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Adam Bowen

Adam Bowen, Official Rep

• 17,420 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yep. Reinstall the Delphix Connector. Then, stop the connector service. You will then be able to uninstall the connector without issue.
Photo of vineet khanna

vineet khanna

reinstalling comes back with this error - Error 1001.failed to initialize connector parameters.
Photo of Adam Bowen

Adam Bowen, Official Rep

Are you right-clicking the installer and choosing "run as administrator"?
Photo of vineet khanna

vineet khanna

and this Error : 
Error 1001. An Exception occured during the Rollback phase of the installation.*********->The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
Photo of Adam Bowen

Adam Bowen, Official Rep

Well, I think the install error goes away when you do a "run as administrator" Let me know if that is not the case.
Photo of vineet khanna

vineet khanna

Thanks it worked.
Photo of Mark Hayter

Mark Hayter

• 394 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi, I am also getting this issue...Error 1001 Failed to initialize connector parameters.  I installed the connector and then instead of running the addhostgui, I ran the delphixconnectorinstaller again and clicked repair.  Now it seems to be in a state...I cant repair or uninstall and when I right click + shift I don't get the option to run as admin, just install, repair, uninstall etc

can anyone help?
Photo of Mark Hayter

Mark Hayter

• 394 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
please ignore...I got our sys admins to solve it
Photo of Lindsay Clark

Lindsay Clark

• 60 Points
How did your sys admins resolve this issue? I am currently experiencing the exact same problem without any viable resolutions in this forum.  
Photo of Ganesh Sundaresan

Ganesh Sundaresan, Employee

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Lindsay

You can use the Microsoft Utility https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed to fix the issue with uninstall. Once the Connector Uninstallation is done cleanly you should be able to re-install it without any issues.

If you have privileges to edit the registry, you can try doing it there. Make sure to have a backup of the registry before doing any changes.

Hope this helps

thanks

Ganesh