Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  How to Change the MSSQL.SKIP_VDB_FILES_ACCESSIBILITY_CHECK Configuration?

Posted 12-16-2022 01:44:00 PM
    Edited by Robin Lou 12-16-2022 01:48:57 PM
    I saw there is a change item in version 6.0.17.0 for tuning the DBCC CHECKTABLE command. 

DLPX-83595 The default value for tunable MSSQL.SKIP_VDB_FILES_ACCESSIBILITY_CHECK is changed to true. It will skip the DBCC checktable command for vdb files accessibilty by default.
    https://docs.delphix.com/docs/release-notes/release-notes-6-0-x/fixed-issues-6-0-x#FixedIssues(6.0.x)-ManagementServerFixes

We're using version 6.0.16.0 and we want to turn off the frequent DBCC checktable. Could you help me understand how I could adjust the MSSQL.SKIP_VDB_FILES_ACCESSIBILITY_CHECK configuration? Or is there a way to just lower the frequency to once per week rather than consistently running? 

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Robin Lou
    Delphix Community Members

• 2.  RE: How to Change the MSSQL.SKIP_VDB_FILES_ACCESSIBILITY_CHECK Configuration?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-16-2022 01:58:00 PM
    Hello Robin-

My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.  The parameter referenced here is an internal property and is not configurable by customers, so it ultimately should not have been referenced in the Release Notes.

In order to receive the new default behavior, you can upgrade the Engine to 6.0.17.2 which is our latest GA release.  This upgrade can be completed from 6.0.16.0 without incurring VDB downtime as no Engine reboot is required to complete this. 

https://docs.delphix.com/docs/upgrade

If you have other questions, please let us know!

Sean Nothdurft
    Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: How to Change the MSSQL.SKIP_VDB_FILES_ACCESSIBILITY_CHECK Configuration?

Posted 12-16-2022 02:08:00 PM
    Thank you for the quick response Sean! That sounds good. I will upgrade the Delphix engine to 6.0.17.2 then.

Robin Lou
    Delphix Community Members