Virtualization Plugins

View Only
  • 1.  plugin developed not discoverable

Posted 05-19-2020 01:53:00 AM
    I am totally new to delphix and also to delphix plugin.

This is my second plugin . and after i upload it is not discovered by the environment. .

NOTE: My first plugin was a sample plugin from the tutorial . That worked. i followed the same steps but this 2nd plugin is not showing up in the "database" section of the environment.

any idea what i may be doing wrong?

i am suing sdk version 1.0.0 python 2.7.16

another question on sdk.
    Should we be moving to sdk version 2.0.0 anytime soon or ver 1.0.0. is fine.

------------------------------
    Ravi Nistala
    Delphix Community Members

• 2.  RE: plugin developed not discoverable

Posted 05-19-2020 02:22:00 AM
    I had wait around 30 min to view the plugin . Now i can see it.

Ravi Nistala
    Delphix Community Members

• 3.  RE: plugin developed not discoverable
    Best Answer

Posted 05-19-2020 11:40:00 AM
    Hi Ravi,

I don't know for sure what happened, but here are a some ideas...

First, just to be clear: what you see in the "database" section of the environment screen isn't your plugin itself. It's the repositories (and source configs) discovered by your repositories.  There is a section of the UI devoted to plugins though, and you should be able to see your plugins there, even independent of discovery.

There are a handful of situations where a plugin would not have any entries on that "databases" screen. These are all somewhat common when first starting plugin development.

- If nobody has refreshed the environment, then nothing will appear because the plugin's discovery code hasn't run yet.

- If the plugin is (accidentally?) not returning anything from its repository discovery operation, then nothing will appear.

- If the plugin does not allow for user-added source configs, plus also the plugin's source config discovery operation does not return anything, then nothing will appear.

Of course, another option might simply be that your web browser was caching, and didn't refresh itself or something like that.

I'm not sure which of these might have been your problem this time. But, let us know if you continue to see issues like this.

Tom Walsh
    Software Engineer
    Delphix

• 4.  RE: plugin developed not discoverable

Posted 05-19-2020 07:42:00 PM

Hi Tom Thank you for the response. I read issues with using user defined modules so then once I commented them then the discovery mode ran fine.

Also I was not sure where to look for warning of the "dvp upload" command. There are warnings if the user developed module is not loaded with the "artifact.json".

Thanks

Ravi.n

Ravi Nistala
    Community Member
    TDGlobal