Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Masking Mainframe Dataset - Filtering of Files

Posted 03-24-2022 10:03:00 PM
    Edited by Gomathi Bose 03-24-2022 10:13:47 PM
    I know filtering can be achieved in Files using Redefines clause; have done earlier successfully with this.
    But now I have a list of values to be filtered  and mask only those filtered records .For E.g., I want to mask only 50 records(Employee number 100 to 150) in the whole dataset of 500000 records.
    Redefine condition allows only up to 255 characters within, I am unable to provide all of the Employee numbers within the Redefine condition window.
    I am providing conditions as below 

[CUST-ID] = '000100' OR [CUST-ID] = '000200' OR [CUST-ID] = '000300' OR [CUST-ID] = '000400' OR [CUST-ID] = '000600' OR [CUST-ID] = '000700' OR [CUST-ID] = '000800' .....  upto 50 customer ID

NOT ([CUST-ID] = '000100' OR [CUST-ID] = '000200' OR [CUST-ID] = '000300' OR [CUST-ID] = '000400' OR [CUST-ID] = '000600' OR [CUST-ID] = '000700' OR [CUST-ID] = '000800') upto 50 customer ID

Any alternate ways to achieve this filtering in Mainframe datasets.

------------------------------
    Gomathi Bose
    Consultant
    Sandhata Technologies Limited

• 2.  RE: Masking Mainframe Dataset - Filtering of Files

Posted 03-27-2022 01:07:00 PM
    I will be interested in any "official" response to this but we ended up creating a utility to split the files based on different field criteria before masking.  

Murray Penno
    Project Manager
    ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Masking Mainframe Dataset - Filtering of Files

Posted 03-31-2022 04:46:00 AM
    yes, even I am waiting for a  response from Delphix. Unfortunately we could not split the files and re-arrange them and wants the entire file to be processed for masking.

Gomathi Bose
    Consultant
    Sandhata Technologies Limited

• 4.  RE: Masking Mainframe Dataset - Filtering of Files

Posted 04-03-2022 02:29:00 PM
    Hi Gomathi

We process entire files but script splitting into components to mask and then put back together to get the full masked file.  Not ideal but we found too many limitations with redefines

Murray Penno
    Project Manager
    ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: Masking Mainframe Dataset - Filtering of Files

Posted 04-03-2022 11:56:00 PM
    Hi,

There are two possible options to handle these scenarios:

1.) Reduce the filter conditions in the redefine clause by use of GT,LT in records if possible.

2.) Add a sequence number to each file, split the file into two-records to be processed and records to be skipped. Mask the file and join the file sorted in sequenxe number and remove the sequence number.

P.S: The second step can be entirely automated with use of jcl, rexx, python and delphix api.

Regards,

Bhupinder Kwatra
    Senior System Engineer
    Delphix Community Members