Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  How do we mask two different values separated by Comma (,) using segmented mapping algorithm?

Posted 03-16-2022 07:27:00 AM
    Please help on the below two questions.
    1) How do we mask two different values separated by Comma (,) in the same column shell using segmented mapping algorithm?
    Example: ColumnA is having the SSN value as 123456789,987654321
    My expectation is to mask last 4 digits of both the values separated by Comma (like this --> 123453212,987659878)
    Is it possible using segmented mapping algorithm? If yes, please guide on steps.
    If not possible on segmented mapping, please let me know other options.

2) If an XML value is stored in a column in SQL table, Is it possible to mask only a particular tag value of that XML stored in the column?

Please help with the above two clarifications

Thank you!
    Ramesh Kumar

------------------------------
    Ramesh Kumar S A
    Community Member
    Cognizant Technology Solutions

• 2.  RE: How do we mask two different values separated by Comma (,) using segmented mapping algorithm?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-17-2022 03:45:00 PM
    1) How do we mask two different values separated by Comma (,) in the same column shell using segmented mapping algorithm?

You could use a Segmented Mapping configuration to:
    • Ignore commas
    • Preserve 5 digits
    • Define a 4 digit numeric segment to mask
    • Preserve 5 digits
    • Define a 4 digit numeric segment to mask
    More information can be found in the Segment Mapping section of our documentation. 

2) If an XML value is stored in a column in SQL table, Is it possible to mask only a particular tag value of that XML stored in the column?

We do have the capability to mask XML, but within the SQL column is where the dilemma could occur. I'm not too sure if this is available out-of-the-box, but I would recommend reaching out to Technical Services for this, and/or for an example of the above.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Fowler
    Senior Member of Technical Staff
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: How do we mask two different values separated by Comma (,) using segmented mapping algorithm?

Posted 03-18-2022 02:53:00 AM

Regarding the XML stored in a database (or fiel) Delphix has a plugin created by TechnicalServices that is able to mask XML stored inside a database.
    You can configure a list of XPATH criteria and for each individual criteria either assign an algorithm for masking the value or assign a constant as value.
    Please get in touch with your Customer Success manager and discuss the FieldServices plugin named XML.

Regarding the column having two SSN values as comma separated string and your wish to mask only the last N digits:
    I would use CharacterMapping and define to preserve the first 6 positions. But you would need to write a tiny logic using
    the extensible masking SDK that splits the input into a list using the 'comma' as split character and chains each member of the list to the above
    character mapping instance. The extensible masking SDK is available for free to our customers. Otherwise you discuss with your Customer Success manager
    if Delphix could provide you such an extension.

Hope this helps ...

Tino Pironti
    Masking SME
    Technical Manager
    Delphix