Delphix Products

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can a provisioned VDB database name be renamed within Delphix

• 1.  Can a provisioned VDB database name be renamed within Delphix

Posted 11-23-2022 11:08:00 AM
    Hello, I'm hoping to be able to provision a VDB SQL db to a target with name xFHG. On the SQL target there is currently a db named FHG, which is the original "physical" SQL database.

After provisioning xFHG to the target SQL instance, at a later time, when our Development Team is ready to switch to the VDB, I'd like to drop the original "physical" SQL database named FHG, and then in Delphix I'm hoping there is a way to rename the existing xFHG VDB to FHG, so that it will flow through to the SQL instance and rename the db there as well.

I'm new to Delphix Continuous Data, so I'm not sure if this is possible. We're hoping to be able to prep all of our VDB's in this way, but so far, I do not see how to rename in Delphix an already provisioned VDB.

-Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Patton
    Database Adminstrator, Sr
    CalOptima

• 2.  RE: Can a provisioned VDB database name be renamed within Delphix
    Best Answer

Posted 11-23-2022 12:03:00 PM
    Hi Chris,

Thank you for your post. The ability to rename a VDB is available and can be accomplished using the CLI. Please review our Renaming a SQL Server VDB via CLI documentation for details on how to perform this operation. Please do let us know if you have any questions on this.

Thank you,
    Brant

Brant Haggerton
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix