Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  dx_ctl_engine_upgrade - Filename is not matching delphix upgrade pattern

Posted 11-16-2023 11:16:00 AM

I am trying to script up the Delphix Engine patching process by using  dx_ctl_engine_upgrade.

./dx_ctl_engine_upgrade -engine DelphixEngineDev -action upload -filename Delphix_16.0.0.0_2023-10-17-12-42_Standard_Upgrade.tar -debug 3
    Dxtoolkit version 2.4.14-rc1
    -Entering Engine::constructor
    -Entering Engine::load_config
    Loading engines from /opt/delphiq/dxtoolkit2/dxtools.conf
     -Loading engine DelphixEngineDev
    -Entering Engine::decrypt
    Filename is not matching delphix upgrade pattern

I have downloaded the latest patch from the download site and have not changed the name.  

This is on linux rel7

This is the first time I am using dx_ctl_engine_upgrade and so don't know if this is a known problem or not.

I have tried with the filename in quotes, with the full path name and still the same area.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Alwyn.

------------------------------
    alwyn rowlands
    DBA
    Glencore UK Ltd

• 2.  RE: dx_ctl_engine_upgrade - Filename is not matching delphix upgrade pattern
    Best Answer

Posted 11-16-2023 12:54:00 PM

Hello Alwyn,

Can you download and try a newer version ( https://github.com/delphix/dxtoolkit/releases )?

I just downloaded v2.4.20 and it seems to be working with the newer 16.0.0.0 upgrade image:

% ./dx_ctl_engine_upgrade --version

% ./dx_ctl_engine_upgrade -engine neal1400 -action upload -filename ../Delphix_16.0.0.0_2023-10-17-12-42_Standard_Upgrade.tar
      0.0 ---

Thanks,

Neal

Neal Stack
    Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: dx_ctl_engine_upgrade - Filename is not matching delphix upgrade pattern

Posted 11-17-2023 06:01:00 AM

Neal,

Thanks a lot, that worked.  I'll try and keep my dxtoolkit up to date in future.

Regards,

Alwyn.

alwyn rowlands
    DBA
    Glencore UK Ltd