Delphix Toolkits (dxToolkit and dxmToolkit)

View Only
  • 1.  dxtoolkit command to extract the Time Point field

Posted 03-07-2023 10:45:00 AM

whilst I tackle with the joys of REST API, has anyone got a simple dxtoolkit command to extract the contents of the Time Point field sown under the <STATUS> Tab for a vdb ?

I need to extract it out into a sql script I am creating.

thanks

Jim

------------------------------
    Jim Thompson
    Data Engineer
    FWD View Limited

• 2.  RE: dxtoolkit command to extract the Time Point field

Posted 03-08-2023 03:15:00 AM

I believe that dx_get_hierarchy displays this as "dS snapshot", so the combination of dx_get_hierarchy and "grep" might give you what you need

Eyal Kaspi
    Principal Engineer
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: dxtoolkit command to extract the Time Point field
    Best Answer

Posted 03-09-2023 02:19:00 AM

Hi Jim,

Eyal answer is correct but not in all cases. The question is what you want to see. Time Point field is showing a parent timeflow of the VDB. In the simple case if you just created or refreshed an object - Time Point is showing a parent database point in time used for provision or refresh.

But if you run a rollback operation, same Time Point field will display a parent timeflow of our rollback operation - which is not your parent database but your same VDB.

dx_get_db_env - parent snapshot is always displaying a Parent object snapshot used for creation or refresh - this will be equal to Time Point for for creation / refresh operation ( not sure about timezone )

dx_get_hierarchy - will display dSource snapshot used for VDB

dx_get_vdbsize - this will display all hierarchy of the timeflows so you can use it as well

regards,

Marcin

Marcin Przepiorowski
    Director, Technical Services
    Delphix