Delphix Toolkits (dxToolkit and dxmToolkit)

View Only
  • 1.  How to get exact timestamp of a snapshot

Posted 01-18-2023 04:52:00 PM
    In Delphix GUI console, we can list the timeflow of a specific VDB, under each timeflow, we can see  the list of snapshot (with camera icon) of that timeflow. Each snapshot comes with timestamp accurate up to minutes instead of seconds; Can we get the exact timestamp  of the snapshot accurate up to seconds by toolkit CLI or by any means? I tried dx_get_snapshots but couldn't see any snapshot matching the time listed in GUI.

I am looking for that timestamp because I need to give that value to the parameter "timestamp" of dx_v2p CLI to provision a physical database. I need to setup dx_v2p instead of through GUI for automation purpose.

Thank you for any input/consultation.

Regards
    Johnley

------------------------------
    Johnley Li
    Intern
    HSBC Canada

• 2.  RE: How to get exact timestamp of a snapshot

Posted 01-18-2023 05:21:00 PM
    Hi Johnley-

It may be good to see examples of what exactly you're encountering- in my own instance, I can see my Oracle and AppData datasets snapshots timestamped to the second in dx_get_snapshots output, and they match the UI timestamps.  Keep in mind, however, the times will be rendered in this example in EST, though the Snapshot name will be in GMT and sometimes slightly offset from the start time by seconds.

Sean Nothdurft
    Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix