Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Single Line EDI file masking

Posted 07-28-2022 05:11:00 AM
    Hi,

I am getting a EDI file as a single line. Each record separated by Tilda "~".
    In Ruleset how we can make the setting so that single EDI file will get masked ?

For multi line we use Custom setting with "\r\n" as a separator.
    But for Singleline EDI, could you please help so that without pre-processing the file and making it multiline again we can mask the single line file?

Regards,
    Nandkumar Patel

------------------------------
    Nandkumar Patel
    Community Member
    Cognizant Technology Solutions

• 2.  RE: Single Line EDI file masking
    Best Answer

Posted 07-29-2022 10:55:00 AM
    Hi Nandkumar,
    You should be able to define the end of file marker as a "~" and the delimiter as a "*" for each EDI record.
    Jeannine Crownover did a nice video demonstration of EDI masking here: https://youtu.be/Tp1Vf7Xn8SI?t=503  I've marked the link at minute 7:36 where the Ruleset is defined but you should check the video from the start for the full context.  In this case Jeannine sets the end of file marker with a tilda AND the line feed and carriage return characters, but you can leave those out.
    I hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Gary

Gary Hallam
    Director, Channel Business EMEA, APAC

• 3.  RE: Single Line EDI file masking

Posted 07-31-2022 10:51:00 PM

Hi,

Thanks. I will check and confirm back.

However, Customer is sending us file in multi line as well as single line.

In this scenario how we can tackle this? Is there any regular expression we can use to handle separator so that we can handle single as well as multiple EDI file ?

Regards,

Nandkumar Patel

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

• 4.  RE: Single Line EDI file masking

Posted 08-01-2022 03:32:00 AM
    Hi Nandkumar,
    I would suggest creating two Rulesets for each scenario.
    I haven't personally done this and so would simply do a test and if you encounter issues, perhaps raise a support case to clarify.
    Regards,
    Gary

Gary Hallam
    Director, Channel Business EMEA, APAC