APIPythonOpen-Source Solutions

View Only
  • 1.  Delete timeflow via API

Posted 06-09-2016 01:16:00 PM
    Is it currently possible to delete timeflows?

I am trying to do so via (as per API documentation):

DELETE 'timeflow/${ this.props.selectedFlow }/delete'

and:

DELETE 'timeflow/${ this.props.selectedFlow }'

But neither work and instead return a 405 method not allowed. Is this actually not allowed or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Avindra.

• 2.  RE: Delete timeflow via API
    Best Answer

Posted 06-09-2016 04:48:00 PM
    It is possibly a bug, but I can see that the TimeFlow delete operation only supports the HTTP POST request method (while other delete operations in the Delphix API support both POST with a "delete" suffix or the DELETE request method). In other words, your first example should work if you use POST instead of DELETE.

• 3.  RE: Delete timeflow via API

Posted 06-09-2016 05:29:00 PM
    That seems to be closer. The documentation is wrong, it is instructing users to issue DELETEs. 

After changing it to a POST, here is the new (500) error:

{"type":"ErrorResult","status":"ERROR","error":{"type":"APIError","details":"A  server error occurred while processing your  request.","action":"Please contact Delphix  support.","id":null,"commandOutput":null}}

• 4.  RE: Delete timeflow via API

Posted 06-09-2016 07:18:00 PM
    Hey Avindra,
    Can you post the link of the docs that you were using? I'd like to correct it ASAP to make sure no one else hits this issue

• 5.  RE: Delete timeflow via API

Posted 06-09-2016 07:28:00 PM
    Hi Jaclyn,

This is part of the internal documentation that isn't visible to the public. The url is in the form of:

http://${engineUrl}/api/#timeflow

• 6.  RE: Delete timeflow via API

Posted 06-09-2016 07:33:00 PM
    Ah, that is something that we own, I will file a bug to get it fixed in the product, thanks!

• 7.  RE: Delete timeflow via API

Posted 06-10-2016 06:51:00 AM
    Please open a support case to get a support engineer to investigate the failure you are experiencing.