APIPythonOpen-Source Solutions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

• 1.  API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

Posted 08-22-2014 05:02:00 PM
    I made a call to: http://
    #Tip
    #api

• 2.  RE: API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

Posted 08-22-2014 05:59:00 PM
    Does the scan name shows up in the GUI, or CLI?

• 3.  RE: API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

Posted 08-22-2014 06:06:00 PM
    Unsure how to check that in the GUI, but here is the response from the CLI:

dhcp-<redacted> environment "CDLENTEF8"> get    type: OracleCluster
        name: CDLENTEF8
        clusterUser: CDLENTEF8/oracle
        crsClusterHome: /oracrs/product/grid/1123/gd1
        crsClusterName: cdlentef8dbcrs
        description:
        enabled: true
        primaryUser: CDLENTEF8/oracle
        reference: ORACLE_CLUSTER-7
        remoteListener: (unset)
        scan: (unset)
        scanManual: false
        version: 11.2.0.4.0

• 4.  RE: API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

Posted 08-22-2014 06:45:00 PM
    That means the scan was not (re)discovered after the upgrade.
    Could you try to run the following command on one of the cluster host, and see what the result is?

/oracrs/product/grid/1123/gd1/bin/srvctl config scan

• 5.  RE: API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

Posted 08-22-2014 06:56:00 PM
    I just ran that command on one of the cluster hosts, and here is the result:

/oracrs/product/grid/1123/gd1/bin/srvctl config scanSCAN name: <scan-name-here>, Network: 1/<ip-redacted>/255.255.255.0/<vlan-redacted>
    SCAN VIP name: scan1, IP: /<scan-name-here>/<ip-redacted>
    SCAN VIP name: scan2, IP: /<scan-name-here>/<ip-redacted>
    SCAN VIP name: scan3, IP: /<scan-name-here>/<ip-redacted>

I've redacted the scan name and the relevant ips for security reasons... the name and the ips are correct.

• 6.  RE: API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

Posted 08-22-2014 07:06:00 PM
    Everything looks normal. I would suggest you refresh the cluster environment from Delphix engine again. If scan still doesn't show up, you could either manually edit the scan through CLI or file a support request so that we can diagnose the issue.

• 7.  RE: API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

Posted 08-22-2014 07:53:00 PM
    I can't reset right now because the environment is in use (and refreshing the environment stops VBbs). I will try the refresh during a maintenance window and report back with the results - I expect the refresh will solve the issue.

• 8.  RE: API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

Posted 08-25-2014 01:18:00 PM
    I was able to refresh one of our other environments, and unfortunately, the issue was not resolved.

EDIT: Comment got clipped. The scan name is showing as null in the API and unset in the CLI.

• 9.  RE: API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1

Posted 08-26-2014 03:54:00 PM
    If you can run "srvctl config scan" successfully on the environment (that means every host of the cluster) you refresh, this might be caused by a failure to discover the scan name. As I mentioned before, this would need a support call to get diagnosed and resolved.

• 10.  RE: API: Scan name null in "environment" call after upgrading from Delphix 4.0 to 4.1
    Best Answer

Posted 08-26-2014 04:12:00 PM
    I initally ran srvctl config scan on just one of the hosts, but I can also now confirm that every host in this particular 4-node cluster can perform this command.

I've opened up a support ticket and someone is looking into the issue-- thanks.