1. Number of VDBs per Delphix Engine
Delphix 3.2.6 and older
Up to Delphix Engine 3.2.6, 85 VDBs is limited per Delphix Engine to a given Windows target server. This is due to 3 LUNs being assigned to each VDB and Windows having a limit of 255 LUNs per iSCSI target.
Delphix 3.2.7 and newer
- Have multiple Windows target servers associated with a Delphix Engine
- Have multiple Delphix Engines Associated with a Windows target server
From Delphix Engine 3.2.7 and newer, the number of VDBs per Delphix Engine to a given Windows target server is 255. This is due to reducing the number of LUNs to 1 per VDB.
2. Using Scripts:
- For SQL Server dSources, pre- and post-scripts are incorporated into the validated sync process.
- For SQL Server single instance environments, scripts must exist and be readable on the staging environment.
- Scripts can also be run as part of the SQL Server VDB provisioning process, in which case they must exist and be readable on the target environment.
- For SQL Server, both dSource and VDB scripts can be either text or binary executables.