Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Adding node to running RAC VDB

Posted 07-09-2015 02:35:00 PM
    Hi Everyone

How can we add an extra node to running VDB in Delphix. We know oracle always support extending a database to another node. How can we utilize the same feature if we are using Delphix storage ?

With present feature, I understand we can create a child VDB with extra node, but difficulty here would be to change the db_unique_name since parent is using that unique_name. Is there any feature in engineering labs to support this kind of requirement in upcoming versions?

When we think about Delphix storage, one of the most interesting feature is the storage is available remote on engine, and we are doing a nfs export of filers. Especially for target host migration and all, Delphix VDB works this way. By utilizing these kind of features, isnt this enhancement feasible is my doubt.

We came across another similar case in our environment, in which an application team needed the archive logs and redo logs from VDB host to be shared with a new node. When we worked with Support, we understood that, it may not be feasible. So  thinking if anyone can help me understand what are the biggest road blocks w.r.t these enhancements.

Regards
    Rohith

• 2.  RE: Adding node to running RAC VDB

Posted 07-14-2015 11:57:00 PM
    Thanks for the feedback Rohio. This functionality is on our roadmap and we will be able to support this in a future release.