Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Delphix Masking : Masking Vsam files in z/OS environment

Posted 10-25-2017 08:23:00 AM
    Hi there,

Hi there,

Unfortunately I can not use the DB2 z/OS feature of Delphix Masking, because I have installed the z/OS DB2 version 8.1 and it is not supported at all, so I have to try to work just with the VSAM / QSAM / Sequential File. I am looking for some in-depth information about how to configure everything, not only on delphix side, but also my z/os - TSO/E mainframe side and make everything fully operational. I already read the DB2 Mainframe Masking but there is very little info about it.

Is there anyone who could give me some hints and tips about this issue?

I would appreciate any information and idea very much.

Cheers!

Rafael 

#Masking

• 2.  RE: Delphix Masking : Masking Vsam files in z/OS environment
    Best Answer

Posted 10-25-2017 10:49:00 AM
    Hi Rafael, I can assist you in setting up masking for mainframe files.  First thing to note is that the we do not connect directly to Z/OS disk, the data must reside on LUW or USS.  You can move files to USS with TSO/E commands such as OPUT.  You can move the file in its EBCDIC encoded format or convert to ASCII; if using EBCDIC you should use a mainframe connector; if ASCII you can use a fixed file format.  This is a complex topic, feel free to send me an email directly robert.patten@delphix.com

• 3.  RE: Delphix Masking : Masking Vsam files in z/OS environment

Posted 10-25-2017 11:27:00 AM

I would get in touch to you directly by email then. I should tell you that I already created a case about it anyway.

• 4.  RE: Delphix Masking : Masking Vsam files in z/OS environment

Posted 11-02-2017 01:45:00 PM
    Hi,

I was able to established a db2 connection between our TIM Delphix Masking Engine and the DB2 Subsystem. I will later post some hints or information that could be helpful to anyone that will try to work with this delphix component. 

Cheers!

Rafael

• 5.  RE: Delphix Masking : Masking Vsam files in z/OS environment

Posted 11-15-2017 12:54:00 PM
    Hello, To whom it may be concern,

I finished configuring the Delphix DB2 Connector for a version 8.1 of z/OS DB2 Subsystem. The DB2 jdbc jar version of db2 v8.1 was not compatible so we installed the lastest avalaible version delivered by delphix support.

At first everything was okay, as written on the notes of Delphix DB2 Connector documentation, but be carefull with the wording during the definition, It is written that you have to specify the "Database Name" of the db2 subsystem you have to mask, but instead you have to specificy the DB2 LOCATION of the whole DB2 Subsystem. Afterward, I have had some other little problems but they were due to internal security issues and missing store procedure definitions. Try to use capital letters always.

Hope this info would usefull.

Cheers!

Rafael