Delphix Products

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I rename a VDB, I have a masking job on a VDB and I donot want the ruleset to change.

• 1.  Can I rename a VDB, I have a masking job on a VDB and I donot want the ruleset to change.

Posted 09-06-2016 08:20:00 AM
    Hello,

Could you please let me know how can I rename a VDB. I have a masking job on the VDB and I do not want the ruleset to change.

Regards.

Thom
    #Masking

• 2.  RE: Can I rename a VDB, I have a masking job on a VDB and I donot want the ruleset to change.
    Best Answer

Posted 09-06-2016 08:34:00 AM
    Hello Thom,

Thank you for contacting the Delphix community.

If I understand correctly, the existing ruleset will work with both the VDB it was originally created with and this other VDB. You would like to be able to apply your ruleset to another VDB. Assuming that is correct, then there is a simple way to achieve your needs.
    • In the environment that holds the desired ruleset and inventory, create a new connector to the other VDB.
    • Alter the masking job config so that the "muti-tenant" option is selected.
    • Run the masking job.

With the multi-tenant option selected, the masking job will require you to select the connector that you want to apply the job to. It will default to the last used, but any connector in the same environment is allowed. This will allow you to apply the same masking job to many different databases with very little effort.

If you still wish to rename your VDB then the procedure would be:

• Open the VDB settings in the Delphix engine Admin screen.
    • Disable the VDB
    • Clicking on the Pencil symbol edit the DB or Instances names depending on DB type.
    • Restart VDB
    I hope you find this answer helpful. If you have any further qesutions please let me know

Kind Regards

Adam Smith