Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Discarding replication

Posted 01-25-2016 09:05:00 PM
    I would like to discard our existing replication setup and start from a different source. How can I do this?

• 2.  RE: Discarding replication
    Best Answer

Posted 01-25-2016 09:12:00 PM
    Hi Thom,

You can use the Delphix CLI to discard your existing replication spec. You can find the procedure on how to do this on our help article "CLI Cookbook: Deleting a Replication Spec". From here, you can reconfigure your replication profile, as outlined in the help article "Configuring Replication".

Please note that this would only delete the replication spec. If you would like to free up space, you should go to the dSource in question and delete it.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Srish

• 3.  RE: Discarding replication

Posted 01-25-2016 09:19:00 PM
    Thank you Srish. I deleted the namespace. However, when I go the Capacity Management screen, I see the disk space formerly specified as "Data Spaces" is now "Held Space". When will this space be available again?

• 4.  RE: Discarding replication

Posted 01-25-2016 09:22:00 PM
    Hi Thom,

Have you provisioned any objects on the replication namespace? If so, these objects will hold references to the storage. As a result, it will not be reclaimed when your namespace is removed.

Thanks!

Srish

• 5.  RE: Discarding replication

Posted 01-25-2016 09:28:00 PM
    Thank you Srish. 

I deleted those VDBs and the space has been reclaimed.