Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Updating a Postgres Jsonb columns data

Posted 03-22-2021 10:28:00 AM
    Edited by Paul Mathieson 03-22-2021 10:31:06 AM

Hello all

I have been trying to figure out the best way to mask a jsonb column I decided to create a customer algorithm with a dataset of the same structure to get round the challenges of masking jsonb columns.

however in the rule set I set a custom SQL to cast the column to varchar which works fine but when running the masking job it errors because it tries to update the jsonb column with a string from my algorithm and I cant find anyway to cast that string to a jsonb 

I assume this isnt possible but thought I would check here first

Thanks in advance for any help given

I am using Delphix Masking - 6.0.5.0 and I am setting up everything through the UI on an EC2 instance and it was setup from the AWS Marketplace AMI 

------------------------------
    Paul Mathieson
    Community Member, Modulr Finance
    Delphix Community Members

• 2.  RE: Updating a Postgres Jsonb columns data

Posted 04-19-2021 01:58:00 AM
    Hello,
    Please get in touch with your Delphix customer success / sales person. There is a masking SDK plugin called JSON that has the ability to mask JSON data directly, e.g. you can assign for each specific node a dedicated algorithm. Further there is a plugin called UTIL with framework BinaryStringAdapter that converts binary columns into string forward/backwards. Using those two plugins you can easily mask the json without any custom sql / casting.
    Best regards,
    Tino

Tino Pironti
    Technical Services
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: Updating a Postgres Jsonb columns data
    Best Answer

Posted 11-11-2022 01:44:00 AM
    Update:
    In version 6.0.17 the product will offer a new feature, to mask JSON or XML stored inside database columns.
    For each case you have to create first a file format, on the file format you configure how to mask the sensitive nodes.
    In the inventory for the given database column containing the json/xml you get two new fields to assign a parser type (json or xml) and assign the right file format.
    Best regards,
    Tino

Tino Pironti
    Masking SME
    Technical Manager
    Delphix