Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Seeing permissions on the dSources for everyone

Posted 07-09-2019 09:07:00 AM
    Hi

In the old UI, we could view all the dataset groups and see exactly what permissions existed for each login on one screen.

In the new UI, we cannot do this without going into each individual login, then editing, then press next to get to the dataset groups list.

Is there a way in the new UI to view permissions like the old UI?  or maybe an API call to get this information?
    We are migrating some Dsources from 1 engine to another and we want to mimic the permissions, but going through the whole list in the new UI would take a long time

------------------------------
    Mark Hayter
    Database Administrator
    Gain Capital UK Limited (City Index Limited)

• 2.  RE: Seeing permissions on the dSources for everyone

Posted 07-09-2019 10:04:00 AM
    Hi Mark,

I think the information you're after is easily retrieved via the CLI.  Log into the DOMAIN side (admin) and go to authorization.  Do a list or ls (with a filter if required).

I'd post an example but I don't have access to an engine with any objects right now.

Matthew Griffith
    Principal Consultant and Trainer
    https://thedatalobby.kuzodata.com
    Kuzo Data

• 3.  RE: Seeing permissions on the dSources for everyone

Posted 07-09-2019 05:10:00 PM
    Edited by Raul Santelices 07-09-2019 05:10:53 PM
    Hi Mark,

Matthew's answer is correct. I would only add that, because authorization inheritance, you need to look not only for authorizations targeting the dsource, but also targeting the group that contains the dsource and even the domain0 (root) object.

Best regards,

Raul Santelices
    Staff Engineer
    Delphix