Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Error while refreshing environment

Posted 02-11-2020 10:04:00 AM
    Hi,

Can someone please help me on the below issue which occurred while refreshing the environment.

I checked and all the connections are intact

Refresh host "murex.database.internal.tp.accenture.com".
    An IO error occurred while attempting to write a remote file on host "murex.database.internal.tp.accenture.com".
    Check connectivity to the host and try again.
    /opt/delphix/host/unix/bin/utils/common/extract_tarball

Thanks & Regards,
    Abhinav

------------------------------
    Abhinav Chandra
    Team Leader
    Accenture

• 2.  RE: Error while refreshing environment
    Best Answer

Posted 02-11-2020 01:49:00 PM
    Hello Abhinav,

This can happen for a wide variety of reasons including but not limited to:
    • Running out of disk space in the toolkit directory of the host being refreshed.
    • Mismatched MTU size between Delphix and the target host.
    • Connectivity issues between the two hosts
    • Firewalls
    If neither of these suggestions help, I would recommend opening a technical support case and uploading a Delphix support bundle to our upload site ( https://upload.delphix.com ) so we can dig into the issue.

Thanks,
      Neal

Neal Stack
    Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: Error while refreshing environment

Posted 02-12-2020 02:38:00 AM
    Hi,

It is still not working. Also i am unable to login to support.delphix.com so will explain the issue here.

We have two environments, one where we have created a dsource 'MurexOracle' and one with VDBs 'TargetEnv'. Yesterday we faced issue with provisioning VDB in TargetEnv with error as below:
    ORA-27125: unable to create shared memory segment Linux-x86_64 Error: 28: No space left on device Additional information: 3760 Additional information: 4278190080

In order to rectify it, i added the memlock and hugepages number in the sysctl.conf: 
    vm.nr_hugepages = 2348
    vm.hugetlb_shm_group=54322

But, still the error persists with a warning at the end of provisioning: 
    WARNING: Cannot connect to database due to: Exception occurred while getting connection: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Cannot get Connection from Datasource: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
    Make sure that the username provided has access rights to system views, and that the host server can be reached.

Nothing has been changed apart from memlock and hugepages for this env.

2. Issue related with MurexOracle.: - While refreshing MurexOracle environment the below error is occurring  

An IO error occurred while attempting to write a remote file on host "murex.database.internal.tp.accenture.com".

All the connections looks ok, and also checked the MTU size which is as below:
    [root@ip-10-0-1-21 connector]# ping -M do -s 8000 10.0.1.48
    PING 10.0.1.48 (10.0.1.48) 8000(8028) bytes of data.

Along with this i am going to upload alert log which got created while provisioning VDB in Target env, /Var/Log/Messages from Target and MurexOracle env. Delphx logs from both the env.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
    Abhinav

Abhinav Chandra
    Team Leader
    Accenture

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Error while refreshing environment

Posted 02-12-2020 08:29:00 AM
    Hi Abhinav,

A few problems here:
    1. In general we request one issue per posting (or support ticket). We do not allow lumping of multiple issues into a single ticket. When we lump multiple issues under one posting, we never know when one issue begins and another ends. The purpose of the community is to help others learn and multiple issues under the same posting makes it difficult.

2. I do not see you as a registered user on our support site so you will not be able to raise a ticket. You will need the primary support contact for your company to raise a ticket requesting that you be added as a valid technical support contact: https://support.delphix.com/Support_Policies_and_Technical_Bulletins/Support_Policies/How_to_Add_a_New_User_Account_to_the_Delphix_Support_Portal_(KBA1007)
    I don't know if this work you are doing is for Accenture or under contract for another company?

3. The logs you have uploaded are not helpful at all. We need a Delphix support bundle uploaded to our upload site. You do not need a support account to upload it following these directions: https://support.delphix.com/Delphix_Virtualization_Engine/Delphix_Admin/Creating_and_Uploading_Support_Bundle_to_Delphix_(KBA1459)

4. If you need help with the second issue, I would recommend looking at the Oracle documentation as this error is due to a misconfiguration between the database and the operating system. You need to make sure that the configuration of the database and the operating system are compatible:

--

NEAL STACK
    Delphix Technical Support
    Delphix Support: 888.827.4720 O: 720.634.6325
    Delphix.com
    TwitterLinkedInGithubInstagramSkype

Connect with peers, engage, and share your knowledge in the Delphix DataOps Community. Or check out the Delphix Knowledge Base to find answers to common questions.