Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Extending Delphix to other databases

Posted 09-21-2020 04:02:00 AM
    Hi everyone,

As far as I know, Delphix support Couchbase for virtualization and this was possible by using Delphix Virtualization Toolkit.

Is there any toolkit for virtualization of Cassandra and MongoDB or maybe some has virtualized any of these before? 

BR,

------------------------------
    Rahim Cetinel
    Solution Architect | Delphix Blackbelt

• 2.  RE: Extending Delphix to other databases

Posted 09-21-2020 04:50:00 AM

Hi Rahim

As I understand it, the Delphix Virtualization SDK allows you to create your own plugins to extend virtualisation to other db types, eg MongoDB. This is more information in our developer docs - https://developer.delphix.com/ 

Regards

Andrew

Andrew McLennan
    Technical Support Engineer
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: Extending Delphix to other databases

Posted 09-21-2020 06:29:00 AM
    Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for the answer. I have mentioned Virtualization Toolkit above but it should as you also point out the Virtualization SDK, so let me correct that once.

On the other hand, I want to know if there are any teams that have ever ingested and virtualized Cassandra or MongoDB using SDK.

BR,

Rahim Cetinel

• 4.  RE: Extending Delphix to other databases
    Best Answer

Posted 09-21-2020 03:44:00 PM
    Both Cassandra and MongoDB have been virtualized with the vSDK and are being deployed with customers.

Customers and Partners can do this on their own with the vSDK, but you can also purchase code and support from Delphix. 

Customers and Partners can also purchase Advisory and Expert Services from Delphix to help in developing these when they want to support them on their own, but would like to accelerate the development. 

Finally, these will both probably get published as open source projects (like Couchbase) although there is no firm commitment to that yet. 

Lots of options!  I recommend you reach out to the account team or local partner team for a deeper conversation.  Please let me know if you need help finding those teams!

Ranzo Taylor
    Technical Services Director
    Delphix

• 5.  RE: Extending Delphix to other databases

Posted 09-22-2020 04:25:00 AM
    Thanks alot Ranzo, this is great news. I will update the customer and contact with required people from Delphix.

BR,

Rahim Cetinel