APIPythonOpen-Source Solutions

• 1.  How to set up the Delphix Engine thru API or CLI?

Posted 12-06-2018 01:48:00 AM

Hi,

Is there a way that I can setup the Delphix Engine thru API or CLI and then after doing so, the  "Delphix Setup" console will no longer appear? I am expecting that after i have successfully setup the engine, when I browse again using the engine IP address the login page for Delphix Management application (GUI) will appear.

I'm asking this because the Delphix Engine will be deployed in AWS and need to integrate the setup as part of the build. I  already have some API calls to configure username and credentials, and time server. Yet I still need some API calls to setup storage,authentication, registration and network. Do you also have API calls for them?

**Screenshot attached is what I'm expecting after successful setup using CLI/API.

">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1765712/RackMultipart20181206-46203-122g576-Expected_Login_page_to_appear_after_API_setup_inline.PNG?1544064438">

#Virtualization

• 2.  RE: How to set up the Delphix Engine thru API or CLI?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-06-2018 07:37:00 AM
    Yes, there are APIs to fully automate the configuration of a Delphix engine. I am not aware of any extensive documentation, but here are the APIs you need to consider (note that the APIs are version specific):

- storage configuration / intialization 

Use the /resources/json/delphix/domain API. You can find an example here, but not that this is using a rather old API version (if you are using a recent Delphix engine version, DomainCreateParameters has been renamed to SystemInitializationParameters. The same API can be used to set the password to use for the default domain administrator.

The /resources/json/delphix/user API will allow you to change the initial password of the sysadmin user (see the same example, a few lines above) and create additional users.

- network configuration

You can refer to this other example. The APIs involved are /resources/json/delphix/network/interface, /resources/json/delphix/service/dns/resources/json/delphix/network/route

- registration
    Use the /resources/json/delphix/registration API

• 3.  RE: How to set up the Delphix Engine thru API or CLI?

Posted 12-07-2018 12:00:00 AM

Cool! This is what I needed. Thanks Eyal.