Delphix Products

• 1.  lsnrctl status

Posted 11-10-2016 07:37:00 AM

Hi all,

We are using Delphix Engine 5.0.4.0 on a number of Linux 7 servers and keep getting the following warnings :-

WARNING

Nov 09, 2016 1:55 AM

petldv04

Title: Command exited with a non-zero status

Details: Command 'lsnrctl status' exited with a non-zero exit code:

User Action: Check the exit status of the command when run by the Delphix OS user.

When logged on as the delphix_os account 'lsnrctl status' does not run as the Oracle environment is not set so I added the following to the .bash_profile :-

ORACLE_SID=<sid>;export ORACLE_SID

ORAENV_ASK=NO;export ORAENV_ASK

. oraenv

Now when logging in manually 'lsnrctl status' runs fine and returns a zero exit code yet we still see the warnings in the engine.

Has anyone else come across and resolved this issue?

Thanks in anticipation.

• 2.  RE: lsnrctl status

Posted 11-11-2016 07:31:00 PM
    Hi John
    Could you please try setting the TNS_ADMIN environment variable correctly via the .bashrc?

• 3.  RE: lsnrctl status
    Best Answer

Posted 11-12-2016 07:07:00 AM

Hi Jaclyn,

thanks for the response. TNS_ADMIN is already set as far as I can tell. I have a support call open for this now and will update once we have a resolution.

Thanks again.

• 4.  RE: lsnrctl status

Posted 11-14-2016 04:57:00 PM

I have had the following update from Support now :-

" The issue gets raised by the Environment Monitor incorrectly using/setting the TNS_ADMIN path. This has been fixed in the next main release (5.1.x), but for now it should be treated as a Warning, if you can manually run 'lsnrctl status' then you can safely mark the faults as "Ignore" and they will not then recur for the same object. "

• 5.  RE: lsnrctl status

Posted 11-14-2016 08:28:00 PM
    Thanks for the update John!