Delphix Products

Expand all | Collapse all

Linking "unstructured files", how to exclude files with pattern?

• 1.  Linking "unstructured files", how to exclude files with pattern?

Posted 04-20-2016 08:59:00 PM
    Unfortunately for policies of the customer, we have to link unstructured files with delphix user whereas the owner of that files on the source is a different user. Delphix user and the owner share the user group and therefore all files that have read permission on the group can be rsync-ed.However there are files with read permission only for the owner (no read permission on the group) and so the rsync fails when it encounters these files.
    These files are not known in advance, these files are generated dynamically, however they have name with a known pattern.
    I know there is no wildchar or regular expresssion in the excluded files list. However I'm wondering if someone found some work-around to come out with this issue.

Thank you
    Gianpiero

• 2.  RE: Linking "unstructured files", how to exclude files with pattern?

Posted 04-20-2016 09:08:00 PM
    Hey Gianpiero, it seems the best way to solve this is for the customer to set the default umask for the file owner so that all the new files are created with the group +r attribute. The typical umask for this is 027 (u+rwx, u+rx, o-nothing)

• 3.  RE: Linking "unstructured files", how to exclude files with pattern?

Posted 04-20-2016 09:23:00 PM
    Thank you Adam for your prompt reply. However the customer doesn't want to add read permission on the group. These files shouldn't be copied by rsync, the linking process should escape these files. In other words, it's correct that Delphix Engine warns with error messages that these files are not copied, but these errors shouldn't block the linking process. No errors, but warnings, for this situation and for this customer.

Regards.
    Gianpiero 

• 4.  RE: Linking "unstructured files", how to exclude files with pattern?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-20-2016 11:02:00 PM
    G, I am looking into this for you.

• 5.  RE: Linking "unstructured files", how to exclude files with pattern?

Posted 04-20-2016 11:09:00 PM
    Thank you