Delphix Products

• 1.  Integrated or Stand-alone Masking

Posted 02-25-2016 08:54:00 AM
    I read that from the version 5.0 of the Delphix Engine there is the integrated masking   (https://docs.delphix.com/display/DOCS50/What's+New+for+Delphix+Engine#What'sNewforDelphixEngine-Inte.... ) This is great new feature. However I'd like to know if (for compatibility with old architecture designs made with customers) Delphix will also continue to distribute the stand-alone masking server, in addition to the new integrated version.
    Thank you.
    Gianpiero Piccolo

#Masking

• 2.  RE: Integrated or Stand-alone Masking
    Best Answer

Posted 02-25-2016 06:06:00 PM
    Hi Gianpiero,

All net new deployment will be on 5.0.0(Integrated platform), We will eventually move existing installations to new platform.

--Hims

• 3.  RE: Integrated or Stand-alone Masking

Posted 02-26-2016 07:40:00 AM
    Ok, Thank you Hims for your prompt reply.
    I have another two questions to ask:
    1. In order to preserve any firewall rules in existing architecture, will it be possible to add a second network card interface on the 5.0 Engine to reutilize the IP address of the old Masking Engine? So in the Virtualization Engine one net card will continue to serve the virtualization engine and the second net card will serve the masking services.
    2. Do we have to double the sizing of the hardware resources (in terms of # vCPU and RAM)? Now I have 8 vCPU, 64 GB RAM for the Masking Engine + 8vCPU and 128 GB RAM for the Virtualization Engine: when I'll move the masking services from the old machine into the pre-existing Virtualization Engine, I'll have to reassign 16 vCPU and 128+64=192GB RAM to the Virtualization Engine or I can assume that in the mean time 8vCPU. 128GB still will be enough?
    Thank you.
    Best Regards.
    Gianpiero

• 4.  RE: Integrated or Stand-alone Masking

Posted 03-01-2016 12:21:00 PM
    HI Gianpiero
    1) 5.0 is a combined engine and any firewall rules/network configuration is commonly available to both masking and virtualization engines. 

Adding a NIC to a Delphix Engine and configuring additional IP addresses is supported and is simple to configure. Regarding adding a new NIC specific to a application; I will defer to network teams.

2) Sizing depends on the throughput requirements, 128 GB is enough for a combined OVA; for specific needs please contact support.

Thanks
    --Hims