Delphix Products

• 1.  Delpix for Db2 Z/os

Posted 03-08-2018 04:09:00 PM
    Is delphix available for DB2 Z/os

• 2.  RE: Delpix for Db2 Z/os

Posted 03-08-2018 04:33:00 PM
    Hi Surya, Delphix Masking is available for DB2 Z/OS. DB2 virtualisation works only on Linux and Unix OOTB. There are some options we are exploring with partners. What functionality do you need? Regards, Gary

• 3.  RE: Delpix for Db2 Z/os

Posted 03-08-2018 05:01:00 PM
    Thanks Gary.  We would like to have snap shots at different time levels for a particular data. Can we do replication using Delphix  for DB2 Z/os

• 4.  RE: Delpix for Db2 Z/os

Posted 03-08-2018 07:55:00 PM
    Hi Surya, No, we cannot virtualise Z/OS mainframe platform. Therefore no replication nor snapshots. You would need to get the data off of the mainframe first using IBM DB2 ALIAS porting to open systems DB2 LUW. One of our partners ECS have put together an interesting proof of concept using LZLabs software defined mainframe technology and wrapping that into a docker container. That’s an interesting and cool looking way to go to try to get some zippiness into your majnframe SDLC and test data management. Happy to connect you if that sounds interesting - where are you based? Regards, Gary

• 5.  RE: Delpix for Db2 Z/os

Posted 03-09-2018 02:46:00 PM
    Thanks Gary. I am from Wisconsin. Could you please let me know whether there is replication/snapshot  at record level. Basically I would like to copy a particular data related to some ID from few tables instead of taking snapshot of whole schema/instance. is this possible with Delphix?

• 6.  RE: Delpix for Db2 Z/os

Posted 03-09-2018 03:00:00 PM
    Hi Surya, We do not replicate DB2 Z/OS data at all.  For DB2 LUW we maintain a "rolling live archive" of data and can provision storage efficient copies of the whole dataset within minutes, regardless of database size.  You would then extract a subset using standard database tools and our self-service interface would allow you to retain multiple versions of such subset data and switch between them without the need of any database skills.

In your case we cannot virtualise Z/OS databases.

I will connect with you off-line in case there is something I am missing here.

Regards,
    Gary