Install DelphixConnector error 1001

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Solved
I am trying to install delphiconnector and always recieve the error 1001 "failed to initialize connector parameters". I run as admin.  What can i do ?
I can ping 192.168.0.29.
I click ok and this had this error information.

I also tried to run with administrator but got same result.

Someone knows a solution ?
Photo of Mauro

Mauro

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustated

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Neal Stack

Neal Stack, Official Rep

• 2,392 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello,

Do you see the "Delphix Connector" show up under Windows->Services? If so, it may be in a bad state or Windows may be holding onto some file handles. If you see it, you may want to try uninstalling it via the troubleshooting steps at the end of this article (https://support.delphix.com/hc/en-us/articles/235668507).

It has some troubleshooting steps for error 1001 during installation. If this doesn't help, you may need to try uninstalling it first.

If this document doesn't help, let us know which troubleshooting steps you followed and what the current state of the connector is (can you see it listed under Windows -> Services)?

Thanks,
  Neal
Photo of Neal Stack

Neal Stack, Official Rep

Official Response
Hello,

We have seen instances where the downloaded installer gets corrupt. When you tried installing it to different machines, did you download a fresh copy of the DelphixConnector from the Delphix Engine? Or did you just copy the installer file from one Windows machine to another?

If you are just copying the same installer image from one Windows machine to another, can you try downloading a fresh copy from the Delphix engine and use it?

Thanks,
  Neal
Photo of Raji Sabbagh

Raji Sabbagh, Cast Member

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
HI Mauro, can you please confirm what version of Windows you are attempting to install the connector on!
Photo of Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman

Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman, Official Rep

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I've only added my Win10 VM's to the Delphix 5.1.2.0 engine, so I can't guarantee this will fix the problem for 4.33, but its worth a try if you would like:
So the key is-  You won't be able to uninstall-  it will get the 1001 error again, but the problem is the service won't build and start on the first install.
1.  go to the folder where the installation for the connector was performed. 
2.  Rename the delphix directory, (C:\program files\delphix)  to old_delphix.
3.  start the installation again, but choose to "Repair".  The installation should install the files and fix the service successfully.
4.  Then run the discovery in the GUI.
5.  You can then remove the old_delphix folder on the Win10 image.  
Yes, this is a complete work around and it is the delphix connector service that is having an issue with the installation.  It's performing the sc create at the wrong step in the installation for win10, but as stated, it's not supported yet, so work arounds are expected at this stage... :)

Let me know if you have any questions,
Kellyn
Photo of Neal Stack

Neal Stack, Official Rep

Official Response
Photo of Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman

Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman, Official Rep

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Mauro,
You aren't seeing the Delphix installation in the list of installed programs?  And just to verify, this is for the Win10 target?
Can you also verify, when you open up Services, there isn't a Delphix Connector listed?
Thank you,
Kellyn