Our goal is to create automated masked VDBs from dSource. The steps followed are:
- VDB is created from dSource
- Masking rules are built in masking engine, executed and verified with VDB created above (enabled multitenant)
- Mapped these rules to dSource
- Spin off new VDB from dSource, but not able to invoke the masking job and getting error like "Make sure the Delphix Masking Engine instance is online and available"
- However, VDB is created, but log shows that MASKING_FETCH job for "unknown" completed successfully
- When I verified actual data, none of the fields are masked.
The root cause I can think of is, credentials entered to make connection in masking engine. We have an internal process, which generates random user and password on a daily basis and these credentials are used for connection.
However, I am not sure how these credentials are referred by Delphix when masking job is invoked during VDB creation. Anyone come across these kind of problem or any resolution you have?