File Masking - In Place

View Only

File Masking - In Place 

07-22-2020 05:26:49 PM

This video shows the set up of file masking.
We use a comma delimited file containing a single row of 3 values: Credit Card Number, First Name and Last Name.
The file is masked using the standard out of the box First Name and Last Name Secure Lookup algorithms and with a custom algorithm that masks the credit card deterministically.
Video Location: https://youtu.be/7-HcMQY3mxo

The video is 9m 40s long, with preamble for the first 1m 20s (sorry!) and the detail following these steps:
1) Create Application name
2) Create Environment
3) Create a connection (minute 2:00) - File - Delimited, with SFTP connection mode, connecting to in-built SFTP in MacOS.  On a Windows machine you'd need to install something like FileZilla FTP server and use an FTP connection, it's quite straight-forward using a free version, creating a user (like delphix/delphix) and setting a default directory).  To connect to a Mac I create a folder in the /Users/Shared directory and run ifconfig to get the local host IP address, in my case on adapter en0, using port 22 and my standard login user and password.  For FTP the default port is usually 21.
4) Create a Ruleset - use the connection you just created and give it a name.  You need to have dropped your file you wish to mask into the FTP location.  The ruleset will discover all the files at the SFTP folder location.  Select the one(s) you wish to mask.
5) Create a File Format - In Settings | File Formats, import a text file with the csv file column names - in our case a file that contains a list of 3 column names (cc, firstname, lastname).
6) Edit the Ruleset - to add the file format (I often forget this step - it leaves the inventory empty!), use the file format just created, the Line Feed terminator and a comma as a delimiter.
7) Review the Inventory and add algorithms to each column.
8) Create the Masking Job.
9) Set up the file to be masked and then mask it.
10) Check it worked!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads