When you join a community, you are asked how you would like to be contacted by that community. If you select Realtime, for example, you will be notified of every post in that community. You can modify these notifications and select digest options, also.
To update your notification preferences:
- Log in to the community, and then click your profile picture (or silhouette) at the top right of the window.
- Click Profile.
- Select the My Account tab, and then click Community Notifications.
- Review the Community Notification window carefully and ensure your selections reflect your needs.
- If you are closely tracking a community, Real Time allows you to receive notification emails for every action in the community. Unless this is a release notes or product updates community, this setting may be too noisy.
- Consolidated weekly digests allow you to see activities in the community at a weekly high level. They may not contain all actions taken.