Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  Can we use multiple algorithms on single column using Delphix masking tool?

Posted 02-15-2019 05:56:00 AM

• 2.  RE: Can we use multiple algorithms on single column using Delphix masking tool?

Posted 02-15-2019 08:55:00 AM

Hi Ashok,

You can apply different kind of masking algorithms on a column, but you have to have different set to do it.

Create rule_set_1 apply algorithm_1 and create ruke_set_2 apply algorithm_2, but this drive a new question for you what conditions that let you decide which algorithm to use.

May be you ca expose your need to try if there is better way to manage it.

Regards,

Mouhssine

• 3.  RE: Can we use multiple algorithms on single column using Delphix masking tool?
    Best Answer

Posted 02-19-2019 04:06:00 PM

Hello Ashok and Mouhssine:

This can be done by editing the filter option, by table in your rule set. First determine your requirements and which algorithm(s) to be applied for each. Multiple rule sets may be required and may only include the tables required for this step. Now you can edit the rules set and the table to apply your filter.  Then update your inventory to apply to correct algorithm for the filtered result set and mask. 

Tip: Please specify column name with table name prefix like customer.cust_id <1000.

If you have other columns in the table to be masked make sure all rows are in the result set of your filtered rule sets.

Thanks Jack

• 4.  RE: Can we use multiple algorithms on single column using Delphix masking tool?

Posted 02-22-2019 07:01:00 AM

Thanks for your help.

I want to mask and replace some specific positions in row level data.

For Example,
    ASHOAB27284 and I want to mask 5th&6th Characters and 8th Character replace with 0 i.e. ASHOXX20284.

If we create multiple rulesets to achieve this, In Delphix we can apply only one algorithm for one masking job.We can not apply two rulesets on one masking job.

For automation purpose we can not use 2 masking jobs for one database.

Kindly please help me to get this.

• 5.  RE: Can we use multiple algorithms on single column using Delphix masking tool?

Posted 02-22-2019 07:23:00 PM
    Hello Ashok: Can you expand the masking on this field. 
    We can use a Segmented Mapping Algorithm but the min usage is 2 segment and length of 2 for each. 
    Can we mask another character here? We can still mask the AB and char 8 to 0.

ASHOAB27284

Or

ASHOAB27284

Thanks Jack 

• 6.  RE: Can we use multiple algorithms on single column using Delphix masking tool?

Posted 02-23-2019 02:03:00 AM
    Sorry i am not getting your point here. We want to mask ONLY 5&6th characters and 8Character should be replace by 0. Thanks, Ashok kumar.

• 7.  RE: Can we use multiple algorithms on single column using Delphix masking tool?

Posted 03-07-2019 09:49:00 AM

Hi Ashok,

Create a segment mapping algo like this

1/ 3 segments of 4 alphanumeric values each 
    2/ On segment 2 :
    for the 2 first field set min and  masked value to X or the range to X-X
    for the 4 field set min and max value to 0 or the range to 0-0
    3/ On the preserve section of the algorithm :
    start position 1 length 4
    start position 7 length 1
    start position 9 length 3

Hope it's clear for you

Regards,

Mouhssine

• 8.  RE: Can we use multiple algorithms on single column using Delphix masking tool?

Posted 02-17-2020 01:48:00 AM
    Hi Mouhssine,

Thanks for your continuous support.

I am able to replace 4th & 5th character with some other Values, but not able to replace 8th character with 0.
    I have tried different combinations to replace 8th character with 0. But didn't worked out. 
    Can you please help me to resolve this? Is it possible to replace only 8th character with 0?

If possible please provide me the configuration preperties.

ex:
    Source Value: BNMKNK82FJ, HJUKLEHJKJG
    Mask Value:    BNMKNK80FJ, HJUKLEH0KJG

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Ashok Kumar
    Community Member
    Delphix Community Members
    ------------------------------