Delphix Products

View Only
  • 1.  DELPHIX MASKING - how/where to write update sql while running the masking job

Posted 12-15-2021 01:19:00 AM
    Hello All,

Need one info on UPDATE SQL query 
    how can i write the below postscript in custom SQL box so i no need hook the postscript to masking job 
    Or kindly help me to how to handle below use case
    can i write update statement in CUSTOM SQL box ?

example of postscript  :
    UPDATE SCHEMA.TABLE a SET COLUMN = CASE_ID ,RC_DESCRLONG= 'MASKED BY GDPR' where trim(replace(RC_SUMMARY, chr(9),' ')) is not null;
    commit 

------------------------------
    Pankaj Asegaonkar
    Delphix Community Members

• 2.  RE: DELPHIX MASKING - how/where to write update sql while running the masking job
    Best Answer

Posted 12-15-2021 03:29:00 AM
    Hi Pankaj,

The Custom SQL functionality permits you to run a SELECT and it is not possible to use it for UPDATEs/INSERTs (reference in our documentation https://maskingdocs.delphix.com/Connecting_Data/Managing_Rule_Sets/#custom-sql).
    If you have to run the statement after the Masking job completes successfully, you will need to use a postscript as described here: https://maskingdocs.delphix.com/Securing_Sensitive_Data/Creating_Masking_Job/#creating-sql-statements-to-run-before-and-after-jobs

Alternatively, you can use any other external tool to run the statement after the Masking job completes, especially if you leverage the APIs to run it.

Sandro Latini
    Principal Support engineer
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: DELPHIX MASKING - how/where to write update sql while running the masking job

Posted 12-15-2021 04:34:00 AM

Hello Sandro 

Thanks for the replay ..!
    We are running /handling with postscript only.
    we have 100 postscripts in one txt file, some postscript in file taking more than 180 min because of high volume data ( 15M records).

Questions:

postscript run in sequence , How can i run postscript in multiple streams ( like we rae running 5 tables in one time with 5 streams )? 
    example :
    there are 4 postscript in file 

how can i run 2 postscript at one time ?

Pankaj Asegaonkar
    Delphix Community Members

• 4.  RE: DELPHIX MASKING - how/where to write update sql while running the masking job

Posted 12-16-2021 02:40:00 AM

Post-Scripts are executed in sequence .. there is no multi-threading or ability to use multiple streams. 
    Best regards
    Tino

• 5.  RE: DELPHIX MASKING - how/where to write update sql while running the masking job

Posted 12-16-2021 02:45:00 AM
    Hello,
    The masking post-scripts are executed in sequence. There is no option to run the ANSI statements in multiple parallel streams.
    If you need such an option you could put all your SQL or PL/SQL statements into a procedure that is created inside
    the database using a hook (from virtualisation) and call just the procedure from the Post_script.
    With best regards .. Tino

Tino Pironti
    Technical Manager
    Delphix