Delphix Products

Expand all | Collapse all

Template Snapshot using CLI

• 1.  Template Snapshot using CLI

Posted 10 days ago
    ​Hi All

Need your help in setting up below using Delphix CLI

Requirement : Create daily snapshot of Template VDB based on varying time stamp as a input so that container can be refreshed.

For example : There is one table in the database which records timestamp value for process in one column and to this timestamp I want to have a snapshot.  The problem is that the time would vary daily by 15-20 mins

How we do currently in normal Oracle DB :
    1. Take incremental backup at fixed time and then recover the database to point in time using archive log

Thanks in advance!

regards
    Kapil

------------------------------
    Kapil Jhunjhunwala

Kapil Jhunjhunwala

• 2.  RE: Template Snapshot using CLI

Posted 9 days ago
    Hi Kapil,

If I understand correctly, you want to refresh a Self Service container from template to the particular point in time, is that correct ? 
    This is possible but you have to make sure that your template database is configured in archive log ( if this is a VDB ) or with LogSync if this is a dSource.

If you can download an additional software, I would recommend to use a set of scripts provided by dxtoolkit (https://github.com/delphix/dxtoolkit/releases).
    There is a command which allow you to restore your container database to point in time from template database.

dx_ctl_js_container -d <de name> -action restore -template_name <template name>-container_name <cont name> -timestamp "2017-04-15 12:00:00" -fromtemplate

regards,
    Marcin

fMarcin Przepiorowski
    Technical Principal
    Delphix

• 3.  RE: Template Snapshot using CLI

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi Marcin

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately we are having very controlled environment and wont be able to download additional software.
    Is there any other way to accomplish it ​?

Actually I am looking for creating 3 Snaps daily ( all 3 would be at different timing ) and then this snaps would be used to refresh 30 more database(s) with 1:10 ratio

Thanks
    Kapil Jhunjhunwala

Kapil Jhunjhunwala
    Delphix Community Member
    HSBC

• 4.  RE: Template Snapshot using CLI

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi,

So you want to take a snapshot of dSource/VDB which is a parent database of your container at the particular time 
    or you want to restore a container VDB to a particular point in time ? 

regards,
    Marcin

fMarcin Przepiorowski
    Technical Principal
    Delphix