Dear Delphix Customers,
We are reaching out to let you know that Delphix Reporting (formerly known as Mission Control) will reach its End-of-Life (EoL) on July 1st, 2021. There are two critical reasons for this:
- Portions of the Delphix Reporting user interface have had a dependency on Adobe Flash, which will reach EoL at the end of 2020
- Delphix has launched a successor product, Data Control Tower (formerly known as Central Management). Data Control Tower will be the focus for management at scale moving forward.
Impact of the Adobe Flash EoL on December 31st, 2020
Delphix Reporting’s user interface (UI) has a dependency on Adobe Flash that will be impacted by the Flash EoL. Specifically, the buttons to manually export reports (via PDF or CSV) will no longer work. Outside of the manual export buttons, all other functionalities are unimpacted.
For the near term, Delphix recommends three paths forward:
- Schedule regular reports to be delivered via Email - this functionality will not be impacted by the Flash EoL. You can automatically send tabular data to any number of email addresses on a daily, weekly, or monthly cadence.
- Leverage Delphix Reporting APIs to build custom reports - Delphix Reporting has a number of external-facing APIs that can be used to generate custom reports via scripts. Please reach out to your account team if you would like more information.
- Place a hold on your Adobe Player update policy - Until you’ve implemented one of the above two near term options and/or planned for adopting Data Control Tower, detailed below, as a midterm migration option.
Data Control Tower Functionality
Monitoring and reporting on Delphix deployments at scale are central tenets of Data Control Tower (Central Management), the successor to Delphix Reporting. Data Control Tower has major components of Delphix Reporting functionality with plans in the near-term roadmap to continue to build on that functionality.
To help with this transition, Delphix customers who have a Delphix Reporting entitlement will be entitled to Data Control Tower through the duration of the Delphix Reporting license. Delphix customers may run both Delphix Reporting and Data Control Tower in parallel until fully switching to Data Control Tower. NOTE: Data Control Tower is a SaaS offering that is hosted by Delphix on behalf of our customers.
If you are interested in learning more about Data Control Tower and the existing/planned reporting functionality, please reach out to your account team to schedule an introductory discussion.
End-of-Life (EoL) and Delphix Lifecycle Policy
As of July 1st, 2021, Delphix Reporting will reach its EoL. From a Delphix Lifecycle Policy perspective, this means that Delphix Reporting will enter a period of extended support - Delphix support will be available to answer questions for 48 months beyond the EoL date. However, this also means that Delphix will no longer issue any code-related fixes.
We readily welcome any feedback that you may have regarding this End-of-Life of Delphix Reporting. Our plan is to work with every Delphix customer impacted by this EoL to develop a tailored approach forward. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to working with you.
Delphix Product Management#eol#productannouncement#Adobe#flash